Lately I have been swapping out low carb options in replace of the carbs at lunch and dinner. So far so good. I’ve dropped some pounds and the ease of it is simple. I still get all the flavors I like, but without the guilt. So when Moms Meet and Fresh Express asked for me to try the 30 Day Salad Swap, it was an easy decision!
The program is designed for nutrition-conscious moms to recreate the flavors of higher calorie cravings, like pizza and pasta, into a lower calorie salad!
I chose to make my own recipe. I love Pad Thai and the flavors it encompasses; lime, cilantro, peanuts, Thai Basil. Why not try to incorporate those flavors in a salad?!
I used the “Farmer’s Garden” mix by Fresh Express using my complimentary coupons (would you like a coupon as well?! Check out GreenMomsMeet.com). The lettuce and veggies were crisp, and delicious. Crunchy and clean. I then added the following ingredients and dressing:
- For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or ponzu sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- chili oil, to taste
- For the salad (makes 4):
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 8 cups lettuce or other salad greens (Fresh Express bags are optimal!)
- ¼ head cabbage
- 3 scallions
- 5 baby carrots or 1 small carrot
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 2 small ripe avocados
- lime wedges, sriracha, and cilantro, optional, for serving
- Place all the ingredients to the dressing in a food processor or blender. Blend until nice and thick!
- Place your salad greens in a large bowl.
- Shred the cabbage. The thinner the pieces, the better!
- Chop the scallions
- Chop the carrots
- Toast the cashews in a pan on med-high heat. Making sure not to burn them. Keep a close eye.
- Cut up the avocados into a nice bite sized dice.
- Chop up the cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients including chicken in the bowl and toss with dressing. Enjoy!
Fresh Express products can be conveniently found at Target stores across the country and many other major retailers.
To find a store near you, visit freshexpress.com/store-locator.aspx.
Tonight for dinner the kiddos and hubby are having pizza… so my go to is a Fresh Express salad, with all the toppings of pizza right there topped on my salad!
Would you like to try out the Fresh Express 30 Day Salad Swap? Go to Facebook and “Like” Fresh Express and follow them on Pinterest to learn about all the new recipes and happenings over at Fresh Express!
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms MeetSM blogger, I agreed to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC. or the manufacturer of the product.