How many times a day do you walk into your pantry looking for that “just right” snack? How about your kids? My youngest is constantly in and out of the pantry. “Can I have a snack?” is what I hear. But it’s hard to choose something that is natural– (not sugar laden and artificial) or oozing fat.
This is why I turn to Frito Lay. You may be thinking– “Frito Lay?! Potato chips?!” Yes ladies– Frito Lay makes the delicious, naturally good SunChips in a host of yummy flavors– perfect for back to school snacking!
The Frito Lay Naturally Delicious Mix multi-pack contains 22 single-serve bags of snacks, including Lay’s Classic and Sour Cream and Onion potato chips, Rold Gold Tiny Twists pretzels, and SunChips Garden Salsa and Harvest Cheddar multigrain snacks – giving both moms and kids multiple delicious options! These products are made without any artificial or synthetic ingredients, artificial flavors or artificial preservatives, and contain no monosodium glutamate (MSG). The 1-oz bags will help you manage portion control (love that!), even on the go, and fit nicely into any lunch container.
Here are some helpful tips for healthier afternoon snacking:
Give some love to Whole Grains!
We all know whole grains are important, but how do you convince kids to eat them when they prefer white bread and pasta? It’s easy: Add them to their snacks! Frito-Lay offers great options for snacks containing whole grains your kids are sure to enjoy.
- SunChips multigrain snacks pack a punch with 18 grams of whole grains per serving. Portion out a serving into a reusable container for your kids’ lunch boxes or throw them into a 1-oz bag for easy on-the-go snacking!
Keep it Colorful
Fruit is always a go-to snack, but it’s not always the first choice for kids. Make snacks fun by mixing and matching colorful fruits and vegetables.
- Pack fruits and vegetables that represent your kids’ favorite sports teams colors, like plums and bananas for the Yankee fan, green grapes and cantaloupe for Packers’ fans.
- Create a rainbow mix dip with red cherry tomatoes, orange carrots, yellow pineapple, green celery, blue blueberries, indigo grapes and purple plums. Cut each fruit and veggie into bite-size pieces, and serve the dip alongside SunChips to pair whole grains with other vitamins and nutrition!
With school starting during the hottest time of the year, it’s essential that kids stay hydrated. Dips paired with fruits and vegetables, which have high water content, are a delicious and easy way to boost hydration and nutrition (watermelon is 92% water!*).
- Make fruit even more appealing by serving it on top of non-fat Greek yogurt. Not only will your kids love dipping, they’ll be getting calcium and protein in the snack as well.
- For chips, take the nutrient factor up a notch with healthier dipping choices such as Sabra hummus and homemade salsa.
- Try one of our delicious fruit dips like Cold Melon Salsa or Mango Salsa Chutney, and encourage your family to help create its own fruit-based dip!
Giveaway- One lucky reader will win an eco-friendly sandwich wrap, an insulated lunch bag and one Naturally Delicious Mix multipack sack of Frito-Lay snacks!
- Like Mama Must Have It on Facebook and Frito Lay on Facebook (5 extra entries)
- Like my new Uppercase Living Facebook page for 5 extra entries!
- Follow Mama Must Have It on twitter and tweet the following message and then comment below with the link to your tweet (1 additional entry per day)
#Win a lunch pack from @FritoLay http://wp.me/p18fhk-LB @mamamusthave #backtoschool #kids
- Blog about this giveaway~ Place a link back to this post and leave the url of your blog post here! (5 extra entries)
- Grab any Mama Must Have It Button (make sure to leave your blog url of where the button is posted please.) (5 entries per button)
Thank you for entering and Good Luck! For questions about entering, please see the giveaway rules. All opinions expressed in this post are 100% mine. A special thanks to Frito Lay for the Review and Giveaway!